West Wind Farm-Vineyard & Winery is a well built, award-winning Virginia vineyard and winery producing quality certified label wines. After years of establishment, management, and growth, it is now being offered by the owners for sale as a complete, turnkey operation. One visit to the property and you'll see a dedication to excellence everywhere you look. Everything on site is top quality from the variable capacity tanks in the production room to the crown moulding in the main residence. The owners have worked hard to develop a top-shelf business and it shows in this elite property.
Nestled on a fourth-generation homestead in the Southwest Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains, West Wind Farm offers 100 acres of pristine land, vineyards, winery & tasting room, and beautiful custom 3,200 sq. ft. home surrounded by stunning vistas year around. Five acres of quality label certified vinifera varieties produce over 1600 cases of wine annually. The acreage provides expansion capabilities with the potential of planting 70 more acres of vines.
Since 2006, the Winery has been recognized and given more than 40 awards for their wines along with additional accolades for the tasting room. In 2012, Wine Lover's Magazine ranked it the #3 Virginia tasting room in Virginia.
An ideal location within 5 miles from I-77 and I-81 provides convenience without sacrificing peacefulness and privacy. West Wind Farm Vineyard and Winery is the 2nd winery certified "Virginia Green" by the Commonwealth Health Department of Environmental Quality which pledges its support and contribution to the principles of sustainability. The reduced impact on the environment is a goal to "keep the tradition of excellence going".
This property is an ongoing successful operation and the sale will include all equipment needed to continue management of the winery and farm. Several revenue streams are established that will allow a new owner to generate income from day one:
- The winery produces approximately 1,600 cases annually. 90-95% of sales occur on-site via the tasting room. West Wind Farm has been voted as one of the top 23 wineries in Virginia out of the 250+ in existence. The owners are proud to be in the top 10% of Virginia wineries.
- The gift shop provides a comfortable shopping environment where guests can choose from a large selection of unique items that compliment their wine purchases.
- Corporate and social events can be held on-site. The outside gazebo surrounded by lush, green hills is the perfect site for an outdoor wedding. The formal dining room inside the winery has been home to catered meals for various corporate entities. The winery also hosts monthly dinners and seasonal concerts for their patrons.
- Off-site grape sales can also generate additional income for the business. About every other year, the owners sell surplus grapes to other wineries and clients in the state.
- The property also includes an 1850's-era farmhouse that has tremendous potential for a bed and breakfast. This is an untapped resource that a new owner can develop to their satisfaction.
Rolling hills surround this property which is at once private and easily-accessed. The two interstate highways carry nearly 100K cars/day within a five minute drive. US-52 runs along the front of the property and the New River and New River Trail State park are just minutes away as well. The Blue Ridge Parkway and Appalachian Trail are both less than 30 minutes away.
Wytheville, a short 15 minute drive, is home to nearly 2000 hotel rooms and a number of travel-related service businesses and is a hive of activity of tourists and travelers.
The following cities are an easy drive away:
Abingdon and Roanoke VA - 1 hour
Winston-Salem NC - 1.25 hours
Greensboro NC - 1.75 hours
Charlotte - 2 hours
Charleston WV and Knoxville TN - 2.5 hours
Raleigh / Durham NC and Columbia SC - 3 hours
Richmond VA - 3.5 hours
Washington DC and Charleston SC - 5 hours
Atlanta, Nashville, and Baltimore - 6 hours